First up - sugar cookies
the recipe - I'm not gonna lie, it's from a kid's cookbook, super easy and totally yummy
my favourite part - decorating and totally trying something new this year
Here is my favourite sugar cookie recipe (from Company's Coming - kids cooking)
12 tbsp. butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
21/2 cups all-purpose flour
11/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1. place the first 4 ingredients into the bowl. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
2. add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat on lowest speed just until moistened.
3. wrap dough in plastic wrap, place in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight. **this step is critical as this dough is VERY sticky**
4. turn oven to 350'F, roll dough out on parchment paper and bake for 7-8 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden brown. Cool cookies completely and decorate.
Here are some of my current inspirations from none other than Martha Stewart
- love the simplicity of this beautiful snowflake
These were some of my first inspirations
colour is always fun
I just can't resist... Happy Holidays! (ok, so it's a little early but this only comes once a year so I'm going to make the most of it!)