11.10.2011

Friday Fabulous - It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas...

Well, here we are.  At the end of another week.  I continue to marvel at how quickly each week seems to fly right on by.  This post is not really related to decorating my home but it's too fun to resist!  I can't wait for Christmas!  It's my favourite holiday by FAR!  Today marks day 1 of my holiday baking.  I'm not sure if there will be more than day 1 but it's fun to plan.

First up - sugar cookies

the recipe - I'm not gonna lie, it's from a kid's cookbook, super easy and totally yummy

my favourite part - decorating and totally trying something new this year

Here is my favourite sugar cookie recipe (from Company's Coming - kids cooking)


Ingredients

12 tbsp. butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

21/2 cups all-purpose flour
11/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions

1.  place the first 4 ingredients into the bowl.  Beat on medium speed until smooth.

2.  add flour, baking powder and salt.  Beat on lowest speed just until moistened.

3.  wrap dough in plastic wrap, place in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.  **this step is critical as this dough is VERY sticky**

4.  turn oven to 350'F, roll dough out on parchment paper and bake for 7-8 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden brown.  Cool cookies completely and decorate.


Here are some of my current inspirations from none other than Martha Stewart


- love the simplicity of this beautiful snowflake




These were some of my first inspirations




so pretty




colour is always fun


I just can't resist... Happy Holidays!  (ok, so it's a little early but this only comes once a year so I'm going to make the most of it!)


ciao!

2 comments:

  1. oh boy, talk about the christmas spirit kicking in over here too! i'm gonna pull out my recipes and see what baking plan i can come up with! thanks for the inspiration sis. what shape cookies did you make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things got busy so I haven't baked them yet but I'm leaning toward christmas trees, mittens and maybe my snowflake. I'm not sure though because they are so big and take up so much dough. I guess I should decide and get baking!

    ReplyDelete