6.04.2011

Time Flies

I just looked back on my last post and it said 3/4/11...WHAT???  It's been that long?  Wow!  Time has flown by!  So much has happened in the last couple of months but I won't begin to list it all.  I've recently decided that I'm going to update my home room by room no matter how long it takes.  I know I said this back in December when I started my blog but I didn't really down-in-my-heart mean it.  I've been inspired... now is the time even though it will take MONTHS to update each room.  We're talking a s-m-a-l-l budget here people, small!  But I've already been able to make some fun updates in the living room!  Can I just say one word... IKEA.  I'll share those later on as things come together.  It's been s-l-o-w but gratifying, especially when I hear my sweetie say "that was a good idea.  I really like that."

WAY back when, I promised to show a project that I had worked on for little dude's room.  So here it is.



frame - Ikea, ribba
photo - my AMAZING photographer husband, printed at Walgreen's
monogram - c/o microsoft word



I made a few test copies of the text and monogram to make sure they fit nicely inside the frame.  I adjusted the size accordingly and printed it on my home printer with regular printer paper.  I'm sure you can have it printed professionally or print it on paper that is more sturdy.  I didn't look into these options as my home printer suited me just fine.  Every time I look at that photo I think back to when little dude was teeny-tiny!  Such fond memories.

I'm going to put updating his room on hold as I focus on the main living space.  I'm super excited and I can't wait to share with you what's been going on.  In the meantime, I'll probably mix it up with recipes and time/money saving ideas as I am still on a quest to streamline my busy working-out-of-my-home life.

Happy Saturday
...one more thing... check out one of my favourite blogs  Thrifty Decor Chick 

No comments:

Post a Comment