12.18.2010

Sweet Delight - Chai Tea Recipe



I thought I'd share with you a little something that has been making my Christmas season merry and bright. I affectionately call it chai nog and it has quickly become my favourite drink of the season.  Back in November, many of my friends were excited about the return of pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks.  I'm not really into coffee that much so couldn't really relate until...my sister-in-law told me to try my regular chai tea with egg nog in it.  WOW!  It was de-lightful!  I'm not sure about you but Starbucks is reserved for "special treats" so I came up with my own recipe for chai nog that I think you'll love.

Chai Nog

1 part milk
1 part egg nog
*you can do 2/3 milk and 1/3 egg nog if you want a more subtle flavor
1 chai tea bag (Bigelow Vanilla Chai is my fave)

Heat the milk and egg nog in a pot on the stove or in your mug in the microwave until hot.  Add the chai tea bag and let steep a good 3-4 minutes.  Add sugar to taste.  Enjoy!


...one more thing - have a wonder-filled weekend!


*photo courtesy of teadome.com

No comments:

Post a Comment